Which kind of Caladium is right for me?
Choose bulbs if you:
- Enjoy the experience of watching plants emerge and develop into maturity
- Are looking for a more cost effective way to cover large areas in the landscape
- Have areas where it’s difficult to dig larger holes for root balls.
Bulb Size* Selection:
- #1 bulbs (1.5"-2.5") are ideal for Southern areas due to a longer growing season. You can expect your plants to emerge in 14 to 18 days.
- Jumbo bulbs (2.5"-3.5") result in larger, fuller plants faster and are recommended for Northern/Midwest areas. Allow 28 to 45 days for your plants to fully emerge.
- Daytime soil temperatures (not air) must be consistently above 65 to 70 degrees for successful rooting and sprouting.
*Caladium bulb sizes vary naturally by variety.
Learn more about Heart to Heart™ Caladiums.