New for 2017 - SUPERTUNIA® Picasso in Purple™
The fourth in a wildly popular series, meet the phenomenal new Supertunia® Picasso in Purple™.
Supertunia® Picasso in Purple™ features vibrant magenta purple flowers with green frosted tips which play off of the deeper green foliage. Though the flowers are similar to Pretty Much Picasso®, the plant habit is much more densely branched and mounded like the popular Supertunia® Honey, and it is covered in flowers from spring into fall without deadheading.
Like all Supertunia® Petunias, it exhibits tremendous heat and humidity tolerance, thriving in hanging baskets and combinations planters all season long. 6-12” tall x 18-24” spread. Part sun to sun.
Uses for Supertunia® Picasso in Purple™: Its tightly mounded habit makes this plant ideal for upright containers, hanging basket combinations and monoculture containers. It also performs well in landscapes, perhaps best used alongside a walkway or patio where its unique flowers can be appreciated up close.
Branded Packaging: Supertunia® Picasso in Purple™ is offered in the Proven Package including the white Proven Winners branded container and an attractive foil coat label that is sure to garner attention at retail.
Grower Tips for Supertunia® Picasso varieties:
- Timing: Target for early season through summer sales
- Requires high light in production. Fewer flowers will be produced in part sun.
- Feed with 250ppm fertilizer while watching pH and EC rates.
- Yellow leaves often indicate an iron shortage in response to too high of a pH.
- Do not bring in too early; plants are sensitive to cold temperatures.