Heart to Heart® 'Xplosion' - Caladium hortulanum
Which kind of Caladium is right for me?
Choose bulbs if you:
- Enjoy the experience of watching plants emerge and develop into maturity
- Are looking for a more cost effective way to cover large areas in the landscape
- Have areas where it’s difficult to dig larger holes for root balls.
Bulb Size* Selection:
- #1 bulbs (1.5"-2.5") are ideal for Southern regions due to a longer growing season.
- Jumbo bulbs (2.5"-3.5") result in larger, fuller plants faster and are recommended for Northern/Midwest regions where the growing season is shorter.
- The number of days it takes a caladium bulb to sprout varies by variety, but most will emerge within 14-18 days. Full development of the plant generally takes 30-45 days.
- The soil temperature must be consistently at least 65°F degrees for successful rooting and sprouting.
- *Caladium bulb sizes vary naturally by variety.
Learn more about Heart to Heart™ Caladiums.