Tattoo™ Princess Autograph Tree Clusia rosea
Select any icon above to view the complete collection.
Learn more about Proven Winners® leafjoy™ houseplants
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.
Autograph plant takes its name from the ability to etch something into the surface of the leaf and it will remain visible on the leaf surface. It can also be grown as an epiphyte. Outdoors this plant can grow to be 25 feet tall. In your home it can stay quite small, six inches or so tall, or can grow to as much as 6 feet tall over time.Adaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHarmful To:Pets
CharacteristicsPlant Type:HouseplantHeight Category:MediumHeight:12 - 72 InchesFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Shade:GreenHabit:UprightContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:HighLight Requirement:MediumMaintenance Category:EasyPreferred Temperature:60 - 85 °FWater Category:AverageHumidity Preference:MediumHumidity Preference:HighContainer Soil Type:Indoor Potting MixNeeds Good DrainageUses:Bright SpacesUses:DesktopsUses:Humid SpacesUses Notes:
Not for human or animal consumption.Maintenance Notes:
- For optimal performance, keep at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Prefers higher humidity to prevent leaf edges from browning.
- Feed once per month at half strength when plant is actively growing.
- Protect furniture when watering.
- This is a versatile plant that can grow to as much as 25 feet tall in the wild. In your home you can have windowsill sized plants up to six foot tall. Do not expect to see flowers on indoor plants.
- It will grow best with bright light, and will benefit from direct sun indoors so provide an eastern or western exposure window, or even southern.
- Keep the soil moist, but allow the soil to dry to 1 to 2 inches deep into the soil before watering again. They like to be moist, but not wet.
- It can withstand some mild drought stress once established, but keeping it evenly moist would be ideal. Soil must be well-drained.