Moclame Indian Laurel Ficus microcarpa
Select any icon above to view the complete collection.
Learn more about Proven Winners® leafjoy™ houseplants
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.
Ficus microcarpa 'Moclame' is a super-easy care plant and is likely one of the easiest Ficus that you can grow indoors. If you're looking for a lower maintenance Ficus, this is it! These can be trimmed into bonsai, or you can let them grow wild and allow them to grow tall. These plants are tall trees in nature, so the ceiling is the limit in your home if you can provide Moclame with good conditions!Adaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHarmful To:Pets
CharacteristicsPlant Type:HouseplantHeight Category:TallHeight:12 - 120 InchesFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Shade:Dark greenHabit:UprightContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:HighLight Requirement:MediumMaintenance Category:EasyPreferred Temperature:60 - 85 °FWater Category:AverageHumidity Preference:HighContainer Soil Type:Indoor Potting MixNeeds Good DrainageUses:Bright SpacesUses Notes:
Not for human or animal consumption.Maintenance Notes:
- For optimal performance, keep at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Protect furniture when watering.
- Feed once per month at half strength when plant is actively growing.
- Ficus in general are NOT low light plants. Windows with no direct sun will work, but east or west windows with some direct sun are better choices.
- Allow the top 1-2 inches of the potting soil to dry out before watering again. Avoid letting it dry out completely.
- Use a well-drained potting mix. Adding perlite and orchid bark will improve drainage.
- Avoid draft areas (cold or hot) such as from heating/cooling vents and opening and closing doors, particularly during cold weather.