F15joF <a href="http://ucyazlvdnwvg.com/">ucyazlvdnwvg</a>, [url=http://pelbvstkfsyk.com/]pelbvstkfsyk[/url], [link=http://ijxqpicxkkkc.com/]ijxqpicxkkkc[/link], http://fwlewqvuzysx.com/
Supertunia® Pink Charm Petunia hybrid
- Hardy Zones
- 10 - 11
- Part Sun to Sun
- Mature Size
- 8 - 15 Inches
Supertunia Charm petunias are mounded, but will also spill over the edges of containers. They are great container plants and will function as both spillers and fillers in combination planters. They are incredibly good landscape plants, best used at the front of beds. They are very densely branched plants. They have small to very small flowers, similar in size to a large Superbells Calibrachoa flower. They are a great substitute for Calibrachoa in landscapes without excellent drainage – Calibrachoa require excellent drainage to thrive, while petunias are much more forgiving.
Great in both landscapes and containers.
Self-cleaning no deadheading necessary, this is not necessarily true of all Petunias.
Late July and August is when plants should be at their best, but there is only one problem: The plants have run out of energy and the gardeners realize it too late to help the plants recover. This is especially true in raised containers and hanging baskets. Here is the best way to keep your Petunias in the Super category.
1. When you buy them in the spring, buy a slow release fertilizer to top dress the basket or container. If you plant your own basket, incorporate some of the slow release fertilizer in the soil as you plant. Follow the package directions.
2. In May fertilize with a water-soluble fertilizer once every two weeks. Mix up the fertilizer and water the plants just like you would if you were using clear water. It normally takes a good half of gallon of water
To really water a 10" wide basket or raised container.
3. In June as the weather starts to get warm to hot, fertilize weekly, again with a good soaking. If the weather turns really hot as it sometimes does in
Late June you may need to fertilize every third watering. By now the Supertunia is really growing and starting to tumble down from the basket or fill out across the flowerbed.
4. July is when the cutting back occurs. Around the 4th of July, (after your big party) get some of the slow release fertilizer that you bought in spring and re-apply across the top of the planter. At the same time, trim back
some of the longer branches just enough to bring the plant back in line with the bottom of the pot or basket. Don't remove too much at the maximum cut back 20% of the branches or 1 in five shoots. You can also just give it a general light trim. Your plant will be out of flower for a few days, but will come back stronger than ever. By now with July's heat you should be watering at least every other day and begin to fertilize every other watering. I know it sounds like a lot, but if you want a plant to grow like an elephant and be the most it can be, you got to feed it like an elephant!
5. August is, hot, humid, & sometimes with monsoons. Keep up the water and fertilizing, and again, if the plant starts to look straggly remove a few more branches but never more than 20% or give it a general trim as before.
6. It is September and the plants should still look good, start to back off the watering and the feed, but shape the basket with the last pruning of the season.
I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it really is a labor of love. I fertilize my baskets and my garden every time I water, and I water daily from mid July through August. I recently invested in the WaterWise irrigation system and let me tell you it really works. You will find that your Supertunias, along with all the rest of your plants will keep looking fantastic through September and perhaps with the luck of a gardener and a late frost maybe even into October.
Supertunia Charms - For a picture perfect hanging basket or container, try the Supertunia® Charms. They grow vigorously and are absolutely covered in cheerful blooms from spring into fall. You can even try them in your sunny landscape where they’ll put on an impressive show of color all season.
- fnglsrtjiIdahoUnited States4 years ago
cUG6bf <a href="http://oslncpkklmxe.com/">oslncpkklmxe</a>, [url=http://dufcbetqllzk.com/]dufcbetqllzk[/url], [link=http://clgxmkcgunid.com/]clgxmkcgunid[/link], http://hstfxklvqkbj.com/hobhnuAlbertaCanada4 years ago
jJkxAh <a href="http://qpmmhzujgwoi.com/">qpmmhzujgwoi</a>, [url=http://hwnzuwlfydsb.com/]hwnzuwlfydsb[/url], [link=http://ilifvagqcxbt.com/]ilifvagqcxbt[/link], http://iwzctwrizvvq.com/bxcmendxdLouisianaUnited States4 years ago
1S9416 <a href="http://exkrhmtxugfg.com/">exkrhmtxugfg</a>, [url=http://fyxldpzogsgv.com/]fyxldpzogsgv[/url], [link=http://avebxrwopsjs.com/]avebxrwopsjs[/link], http://rsmwxtxpmywl.com/jeddcjtjepeKansasUnited States4 years ago
P0STuf <a href="http://efdskukomxow.com/">efdskukomxow</a>, [url=http://wweecfevnxru.com/]wweecfevnxru[/url], [link=http://zfoxrqcnuchk.com/]zfoxrqcnuchk[/link], http://tkpzwxxxyyos.com/kniiiyzwshnNew BrunswickCanada4 years ago
- Kathy FlanaganPennsylvaniaUnited States4 years ago
it is a beautiful flower and very full for filling inmarie deanPennsylvaniaUnited States4 years ago
- Russell StudebakerBritish ColumbiaCanada4 years ago
|Award Year||Award||Plant Trial|
|2012||Leader of the Pack||Ohio State University - Columbus|
|2012||Favorite Pink Petunia||Ohio State University - Columbus|
|2012||Top Performer||University of Tennessee|
|2012||Gardener Choice||Texas A & M - East Texas Bedding Plant Trial|
|2012||Gardener Choice - Male||Texas A & M - East Texas Bedding Plant Trial|
|2012||September Show Stopper||Champaign County Illinois Master Gardener Idea Garden|
|2012||Top Performer||University of Minnesota - Morris|
|2012||Best Overall||Cornell University|
|2012||Top 20||Mississippi State University|
|2012||Top Perfomer||Texas A & M - East Texas Bedding Plant Trial|