Eh42tJ tqgsxotmulpn, [url=http://ruprmbbsigee.com/]ruprmbbsigee[/url], [link=http://khhepagtopql.com/]khhepagtopql[/link], http://psyjshnbmpcq.com/
Supertunia® Trailing Bright Pink Petunia hybrid
- Part Sun to Sun
The optimum amount of sun or shade each plant needs to thrive: Full Sun (6+ hours), Part Sun (4-6 hours), Full Shade (up to 4 hours).
Supertunia Trailing petunias are very strongly trailing, with very little height. They will function as spillers in containers, but are also good as front-of-the-bed plants for landscapes. If your goal for hanging baskets or window boxes is to have the plants be as long as possible, Supertunia Trailing is the best choice. They have small flowers.Award WinnerContinuous Bloom or RebloomerLong BloomingHeat TolerantDeadheading Not NecessaryDrought TolerantAttracts:ButterfliesHummingbirds
CharacteristicsPlant Type:AnnualHeight Category:ShortGarden Height:4 - 8 InchesTrails Up To:36 InchesSpacing:12 - 18 InchesSpread:24 - 36 InchesFlower Colors:PinkFlower Shade:PinkFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Shade:GreenHabit:TrailingContainer Role:Spiller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:Part Sun to SunMaintenance Category:EasyBloom Time:Planting To Hard FrostHardiness Zones:10a, 10b, 11a, 11bWater Category:AverageSoil Fertility Requirement:Average SoilUses:ContainerUses:Edging PlantUses:GroundcoverUses:LandscapeUses:Mass PlantingUses Notes:
Use in hanging baskets, window boxes, landscaping and combinations planters.Maintenance Notes:
Self-cleaning, no deadheading necessary, this is not necessarily true of all Petunias.
Fertilize often for best summer performance.
Late July and August is when plants should be at their best, but there is only one problem: The plants have run out of energy and the gardeners realize it too late to help the plants recover. This is especially true in raised containers and hanging baskets. Here is the best way to keep your Petunias in the Super category.
1. When you buy them in the spring, buy a slow release fertilizer to top dress the basket or container. If you plant your own basket, incorporate some of the slow release fertilizer in the soil as you plant. Follow the package directions.
2. In May fertilize with a water-soluble fertilizer once every two weeks. Mix up the fertilizer and water the plants just like you would if you were using clear water. It normally takes a good half of gallon of water to really water a 10" wide basket or raised container.
3. In June as the weather starts to get warm to hot, fertilize weekly, again with a good soaking. If the weather turns really hot as it sometimes does in Late June you may need to fertilize every third watering. By now the Supertunia is really growing and starting to tumble down from the basket or fill out across the flowerbed.
4. July is when the cutting back occurs. Around the 4th of July, (after your big party) get some of the slow release fertilizer that you bought in spring and re-apply across the top of the planter. At the same time, trim back some of the longer branches just enough to bring the plant back in line with the bottom of the pot or basket. Don't remove too much at the maximum cut back 20% of the branches or 1 in five shoots. You can also just give it a general light trim. Your plant will be out of flower for a few days, but will come back stronger than ever. By now with July's heat you should be watering at least every other day and begin to fertilize every other watering. I know it sounds like a lot, but if you want a plant to grow like an elephant and be the most it can be, you got to feed it like an elephant!
5. August is, hot, humid, & sometimes with monsoons. Keep up the water and fertilizing, and again, if the plant starts to look straggly remove a few more branches but never more than 20% or give it a general trim as before.
6. It is September and the plants should still look good, start to back off the watering and the feed, but shape the basket with the last pruning of the season.
I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it really is a labor of love. I fertilize my baskets and my garden every time I water, and I water daily from mid July through August. I recently invested in the WaterWise irrigation system and let me tell you it really works. You will find that your Supertunias, along with all the rest of your plants will keep looking fantastic through September and perhaps with the luck of a gardener and a late frost maybe even into October.
The Best Petunia. Period.®Supertunia® Trailing Bright Pink Petunia hybrid 'Mediopimo' USPP 14,858, Can 1,932
dtsxuf, Hong Kong S.A.R., China, 9 years ago
tL7C5t qqurdvlxxrww, [url=http://vhtqnbsxjmce.com/]vhtqnbsxjmce[/url], [link=http://ixrnnanfqqkg.com/]ixrnnanfqqkg[/link], http://aicilrccwpyb.com/qpqnap, Ohio, United States, 9 years ago
vtZlDe fxbhmhdvfjsf, [url=http://gicxxzawhmkm.com/]gicxxzawhmkm[/url], [link=http://gbtgeiuzjeyr.com/]gbtgeiuzjeyr[/link], http://qzkjdpggdbhw.com/kdcpcy, Louisiana, United States, 9 years ago
My flowerboxes were very impressive last year with these pink supertunias. I can't wait to try other colors this year, and I know they'll be successful so that makes trying others easy! Thanks, Proven Winners!Liza Downey, Tennessee, United States, 9 years ago
Susan, Illinois, United States, 9 years ago
Bright color "read" well from distance. Really a no fuss plant container tho planted in good soil and used Miracle Grow from time to time. Will buy again.Jan Adams, Washington, United States, 9 years ago
I have 6 self watering windoebox's under my livingroom windows. 1 faces East the other South. Petunas are the easiest & showiest plants I grow in them. Supertuna's do excellent in both spots. They spread well & I like this bright color to try.Ellie Majors, Oregon, United States, 9 years ago
Grew fast with many lovely blossoms. Watch out for budworms!Sandy Ragsdale, California, United States, 9 years ago
Award Year Award Plant Trial 2009 Best Varieties Penn State 2009 Best Varieties Penn State 2009 Best Varieties Penn State 2008 Top 22 Mississippi State University - Crystal Springs 2008 Top 22 Mississippi State University - Crystal Springs 2008 Top 22 Mississippi State University - Crystal Springs 2008 Top 22 Mississippi State University - Crystal Springs 2006 Superior Variety Penn State 2006 Top Performer Michigan State University 2006 Superior Variety Penn State24 More in this series