Great bedding plant!!!!! Great for any place outside, especially in the shade.
ColorBlaze® Keystone Kopper® Coleus Solenostemon scutellarioides
- Hardy Zones
- 10 - 11
- Sun or Shade
- Mature Size
- 24 - 36 Inches
Coppery foliage is a fun contrast to many colors.
Use in beds, borders and containers.
Many people feel that coleus look best before they flower. We have worked hard to choose coleus that bloom late in the season or not at all. To keep foliage in top shape, pinch off the blooms as they appear if you wish.
Rules of Thumb for Overwintering Plants Indoors:
1. Choose only healthy plants
2. Bring Plants indoors before frost damages foliage
3. Treat for disease and insects before bringing plants indoors
4. Place in bright areas and add humidity using pebble trays or spray bottles
5. Be careful not to over water
6 When active growth starts in spring fertilize and prune as needed
7. Introduce your plants slowly to outdoor conditions in spring
An application of fertilizer or compost on garden beds and regular fertilization of plants in pots will help ensure the best possible performance.
- Atlee horticulture2 years ago
Bought two at the same time. One doing well and other died. Planted both in the same space too. Wouldn't say it's a reliable plant but the one that is alive is doing well.Lisa LanctotLangdonAlbertaCanada3 years ago
This says resists deer, so I bought it. I planted it Monday. Wednesday a deer took a big bite out of it and Thursday pulled it out of the pot. No other plants were touched by the deer.Kathleen lossfairfieldIllinoisUnited States3 years ago