Siesta™ ZZ Plant Common Green Form Zamioculcas zamiifolia
Select any icon above to view the complete collection.
Learn more about Proven Winners® leafjoy® houseplants
If you are looking for a tough, hard-to-kill plant it's hard to beat ZZ Plant. The deep green, glossy foliage almost looks fake. This is one of the easiest, drought tolerant plants that you can grow indoors.Adaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHarmful To:Pets
CharacteristicsPlant Type:HouseplantHeight Category:MediumHeight:12 - 24 InchesFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Shade:Deep Glossy GreenHabit:UprightContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:HighLight Requirement:LowLight Requirement:Medium
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.Maintenance Category:ModeratePreferred Temperature:60 - 85 °FWater Category:AverageHumidity Preference:HighContainer Soil Type:Indoor Potting MixNeeds Good DrainageSoil Fertility Requirement:Average SoilUses:Bright SpacesUses:DesktopsUses:Humid SpacesUses:Low Light SpacesUses Notes:
Not for human or animal consumption.Maintenance Notes:
- For optimal performance, keep at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Protect furniture when watering.
- ZZ Plant grows well in low to bright indirect light, but it won't tolerate all day direct sun. Some direct sun is fine (east or west window).
- Average indoor humidity is fine, but don't put it near vents, which will cause problems.
- Use a well draining potting mix. ZZ's don't like wet soils. Be sure to allow the soil to dry to a depth of 1 to 2 inches. They will tolerate going much drier.