Proven Winners ColorChoice® Shrubs: Say good-bye to ho-hum hedges
A hedge doesn't have to be a boring parade of well pruned boxwood. It can be evergreen or deciduous; groomed or left natural; decorative, functional, even whimsical (think labyrinth!)
Hedges are plantings of trees, shrubs and other perennials that spark interest in the landscape while serving a purpose such as marking a boundary, establishing privacy, directing traffic, or screening an ugly view.
Link to new Shrubs page.
Link to new Perennials page
Spruce up your next hedge with easy-care Proven Winners ColorChoice®™ shrubs such as these. They’ll add color, texture and multi-season appeal.
- Castle Wall™ and Castle Spire® Blue Holly: Vigorous new varieties of blue holly with dark glossy leaves and compact pyramidal forms.
- Limelight Hardy Hydrangea: Produces bright chartreuse blooms in mid-summer that change to deep rich pink in the fall.
- Fine Line® Buckthorn: Feathery upright foliage perfect for privacy hedges, accent plants, and patio containers.
- Show Off™ Forsythia: Compact new variety that doesn't need heavy pruning yet produces spectacular blooms year after year.
- Black Lace™ Elderberry: Intense purple-black foliage with finely cut leaves – similar in look to a Japanese maple.
If your mind’s set on a boxwood hedge, plant new Proven Winners North Star™ Boxwood. It’s a dense globe of shiny dark green leaves that needs little pruning and is cold hardy. Or how about adding a showy, all-summer color with our Proven Winners Home Run® rose It’s the first true-red landscaping rose that blooms continuously and is disease-resistant. Both are easy care shrubs that produce carefree hedges.
SHOP FOR SHRUBS ONLINE (only selected varieties available)
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEDGES