Awesome plants in butterfly garden
Lo & Behold® 'Ice Chip' Butterfly Bush Buddleia x
- Hardy Zones
- 5 - 9
- Mature Size
- 18 - 24 Inches
Once it has shipped you will receive an email with your FedEx tracking number.
Occasionally plants may be trimmed before shipping to ensure fuller branching and flowering in your garden.
Fragrant white flowers attract butterflies. Non-invasive. Dwarf, spreading habit. Deer-resistant.
A good groundcover for mass plantings; perennial gardens; mixed borders.
This dwarf, wide spreading addition to the Lo & Behold series has pure white flowers which jump against a backdrop of silvery foliage. Not only seedless, it's also continuous blooming and requires no deadheading. Its neat, low spreading habit makes it the perfect ground covering plant.
Cold, wet winters can be really hard on buddleia, so here are a few tips to help your buddleia thrive in your garden:
1. Make sure the soil is well-drained. That place where the plow truck dumps snow in the winter? Not a good idea.
2. Full sun. That's at least 6 hours. No cheating.
3. Plant early in the season. This gives the plants all summer and fall to establish. Fall planting can be chancy in northern regions.
4. Wait until it leafs out in spring before pruning. In some years you may have to prune it back to the ground. After milder winters, maybe not so much. Avoid fall pruning.
This non-invasive variety is approved for sale in Oregon and Washington, though it will be called a "summer lilac" instead of a "butterfly bush."
- John BarnettLindaleGeorgiaUnited States2 years ago