Chroma™ Belize Rubber Plant Ficus elastica
Select any icon above to view the complete collection.
Learn more about Proven Winners® leafjoy™ houseplants
This stunning Rubber Plant has beautifully variegated leaves that are glossy green, and flushed with pink and cream variegation.Adaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHarmful To:Pets
CharacteristicsPlant Type:HouseplantHeight Category:TallHeight:48 - 120 InchesFoliage Colors:MulticoloredFoliage Shade:Green flushed with pink and creamHabit:UprightContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:High
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.Light Requirement:Medium
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.Maintenance Category:ModeratePreferred Temperature:60 - 85 °FWater Category:AverageHumidity Preference:MediumHumidity Preference:HighContainer Soil Type:Indoor Potting MixNeeds Good DrainageUses:Bright SpacesUses:DesktopsUses Notes:
Not for human or animal consumption.Maintenance Notes:
- For optimal performance, keep at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Protect furniture when watering.
- Feed once per month at half strength when plant is actively growing.
- If you would like a bushier plant, prune your plant to promote branching. The plant exudes a white, milky sap when pruned or broken, so if your skin comes in contact with it, wash your hands immediately.
- These are NOT low light plants and need to be right in front of a window for best results. Some direct sun is beneficial (east or west window) and they can even grow in your sunniest window.
- Allow the top 2-3 inches of soil to dry out before watering again.
- Use a well-draining potting mix. Adding perlite and orchid bark will improve drainage.
- Never allow to sit in standing water.
- As with any Ficus, avoid any drafty areas and avoid placing near cooling and heating vents or the plant may drop its leaves.
- The broad leaves will get very dusty, so use a duster to clean the leaves, wipe with a damp sponge, or rinse the leaves off.
5 More colors