El Brighto Coleus Solenostemon scutellarioides
- Sun or Shade
The optimum amount of sun or shade each plant needs to thrive: Full Sun (6+ hours), Part Sun (4-6 hours), Full Shade (up to 4 hours).
FeaturesFlowers? WHO NEEDS 'EM.
Foliage has purple and red centers with yellow marginsAdaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHeat TolerantDeadheading Not Necessary
CharacteristicsPlant Type:AnnualHeight Category:TallGarden Height:24 - 40 InchesSpacing:18 - 36 InchesSpread:18 - 36 InchesFoliage Colors:OrangeFoliage Colors:RedFoliage Colors:YellowFoliage Shade:Red, Yellow and Orange VariegationHabit:UprightContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:Sun or ShadeMaintenance Category:EasyBloom Time:Grown for FoliageHardiness Zones:10a, 10b, 11a, 11bWater Category:AverageUses:ContainerUses:LandscapeUses:Mass PlantingUses:Specimen or Focal PointUses Notes:
Use in large containers and in the landscape.Maintenance Notes:
Many people feel that coleus look best before they flower. To keep foliage in top shape, pinch off the blooms as they appear if you wish.
Rules of Thumb for Overwintering Plants Indoors:
1. Choose only healthy plants
2. Bring Plants indoors before frost damages foliage
3. Treat for disease and insects before bringing plants indoors
4. Place in bright areas and add humidity using pebble trays or spray bottles
5. Be careful not to over water
6 When active growth starts in spring fertilize and prune as needed
7. Introduce your plants slowly to outdoor conditions in spring
erin busenhart, Kansas, United States, 9 years ago
- Cappie's DelightRECIPESun18"Pot SizeYou will delight in the unique shapes, textures and colors of this foliage combination.
What you'll need: