Feeling Flirty™ Purple Tradescantia Tradescantia hybrid
Select any icon above to view the complete collection.
Learn more about Proven Winners® leafjoy™ houseplants
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.
Spiderwort is an easy plant to grow. It is a great houseplant, but it is also a great accent plant when grown outdoors. This unique version has pink and green striped foliage. It's as if someone used a paint brush to add green stripes to pink foliage. This is a trailing plant that is perfect to use in a hanging basket or even trailing from a regular planter.Adaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHarmful To:Pets
CharacteristicsPlant Type:HouseplantHeight Category:ShortHeight:2 - 4 InchesTrails Up To:36 InchesFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Colors:PinkFoliage Shade:Deep green stripes with various shades of pink.Habit:TrailingContainer Role:Spiller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:HighLight Requirement:MediumMaintenance Category:EasyPreferred Temperature:60 - 85 °FWater Category:AverageHumidity Preference:MediumHumidity Preference:HighContainer Soil Type:Indoor Potting MixNeeds Good DrainageUses:Bright SpacesUses:DesktopsUses:Humid SpacesUses:Low Light SpacesUses Notes:
Not for human or animal consumption.Maintenance Notes:
- For optimal performance, keep at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Protect furniture when watering.
- Feeling Flirty™ is an easy plant to grow. It is a great houseplant, but can also be grown outdoors through the summer. It will thrive in bright light indoors and can be grown in sun outdoors.
- Water as needed, when the top inch or two of the soil is dry to the touch. When you do water, apply enough water to soak all of the soil.
- It will grow best in a humid environment.
- Please note that if you don't provide enough light, the plant will become more spindly and sparse and will not be as full.