AquaPots® Benefits for Home Gardeners
AquaPots Self-Watering Containers
AquaPots is an exceptional new concept in self-watering containers invented and patented by Jack Barnwell (left), an award-winning landscape architect from Mackinac Island, Michigan. Barnwell is an avid user of AquaPots who saw the need for gorgeous, commercial grade, self-watering containers for the variety of properties he services across the country.
AquaPots are the first and only premium quality self-watering planters on the market. They are not an insert but rather a complete system that is integrated into each planter.
Key Benefits of AquaPots®
- The convenience of a self-watering pot with the beauty of high-quality glazed ceramics. Durable quality components be reused year after year.
- No risk of overwatering. An overflow valve ensures plants cannot be overwatered, even in heavy rain.
- No unsightly plastic drip tubing. A cleaner look that can be enjoyed anywhere instead of needing to stay where plumbing is located.
- Elimination of fertilizer leaching and runoff due to the enclosed watering system.
- No more water ring stains on the deck or porch.
- Watering frequency is significantly decreased.
- Smaller AquaPots last at least a week between waterings; larger Professional Series pots last up to one month.
- Water savings with no waste. 25% of the amount of water is used with AquaPots vs. similar sized pots on drip irrigation.
- Beautifully grown plants. Plants have continuous access to fertilizer-infused water and require minimal watering.
- Frost and freeze resistant ceramic.
Simply empty the pot and turn it upside down for winter (important for northern gardeners).
Key Benefits of AquaPots® Inserts
- The AquaPots Insert converts planters into AquaPots. It fits many planters in a range of sizes and pairs perfectly with our curated line of AquaPots Lite™ planters.
- Efficently uses water, potting soil and plant food. Water just once a week.
- Uses 75% less water than standard planters with little to no runoff.
- Easy to assemble, clean and re-use for many years.