AquaPots® Benefits for Home Gardeners
AquaPots Self-Watering Containers
AquaPots is an exceptional new concept in self-watering containers invented and patented by Jack Barnwell (left), an award-winning landscape architect from Mackinac Island, Michigan. Barnwell is an avid user of AquaPots who saw the need for gorgeous, commercial grade, self-watering containers for the variety of properties he services across the country. He worked with Michael Carr (right) to develop this stylish yet practical solution for his clients and has tested it for the last six years.
AquaPots are the first and only premium quality glazed ceramic self-watering planters on the market. They are not an insert but rather a complete system that is integrated into each planter.
Key Benefits of AquaPots®
- The convenience of a self-watering pot with the beauty of high-quality glazed ceramics. Durable quality components be reused year after year.
- No risk of overwatering. An overflow valve ensures plants cannot be overwatered, even in heavy rain.
- No unsightly plastic drip tubing. A cleaner look that can be enjoyed anywhere instead of needing to stay where plumbing is located.
- Elimination of fertilizer leaching and runoff due to the enclosed watering system.
- No more water ring stains on the deck or porch.
- Watering frequency is significantly decreased.
- Smaller AquaPots last at least a week between waterings; larger Professional Series pots last up to one month.
- Water savings with no waste. 25% of the amount of water is used with AquaPots vs. similar sized pots on drip irrigation.
- Beautifully grown plants. Plants have continuous access to fertilizer-infused water and require minimal watering.
- Frost and freeze resistant ceramic.
Simply empty the pot and turn it upside down for winter (important for northern gardeners).
Key Benefits of AquaPots® Inserts
- The AquaPots Insert converts planters into AquaPots. It fits many planters in a range of sizes and pairs perfectly with our curated line of AquaPots Lite™ planters.
- Efficently uses water, potting soil and plant food. Water just once a week.
- Uses 75% less water than standard planters with little to no runoff.
- Easy to assemble, clean and re-use for many years.