Meet the 2017 Annual of the Year™
Introducing the 2017 Annual of the Year™: Supertunia® Vista Bubblegum®! In our inaugural year of the National Plant of the Year program, this iconic Supertunia was the obvious choice to represent the very best in our line of flowering annuals.
How does the National Plant of the Year program work?
With so many new plants being introduced each year, picking out the best for your garden can be a mindboggling experience. Gardeners want beautiful plants that will live up to their picture in the catalog, and retailers want to offer reliable plants with which their customers will experience success. With that aim in mind, we’ve launched a new National Plant of the Year program.
Candidates for the Annual of the Year™ are judged stringently by growers, retailers and home gardeners against the five criteria described below. They are looking for plants that are easy for everyone to grow and deliver a clearly exceptional garden performance.
- Easy to Grow - Easy for both growers and gardeners to grow. It shouldn’t take an expert to grow beautiful flowers.
- Iconic - Easily recognizable at a glance with an iconic style unmatched by lookalikes
- Readily Available - Easy to find locally or online.
- Perfect for Baskets and Containers - Grows beautifully in hanging baskets as well as upright patio containers and window boxes
- Outstanding Landscape Performance - Not just for containers, it also delivers a knockout performance in landscapes
2017 Annual of the Year: Supertunia® Vista Bubblegum® Petunia
It’s easy to see why the most iconic petunia in the Proven Winners line was selected as the Annual of the Year. You will be amazed at the satisfaction you’ll feel when you grow a gorgeous garden or overflowing container of Supertunia Vista Bubblegum petunias. You can count on wall-to-wall pink blooms from spring to frost on this incredibly vigorous petunia.
Sherrie in Glenwood City, WI had high praise for Supertunia Vista Bubblegum, saying that it is “a must-have if you want something showy without much fuss. Simply gorgeous!” Just add sunshine, water and plant food, then watch it thrive in your garden too.
- Masses of bubblegum pink flowers
- Non-stop bloom from spring to frost
- Self-cleaning flowers—NO deadheading needed
- Versatility of use in containers and landscapes
- Remarkable vigor and disease resistance
Supertunia Vista Bubblegum will be the most vigorous and produce the most flowers when planted in full sun, though it will tolerate partial shade. Water it before it wilts, and include water soluble plant food every third time you water. If the plants grow too large or trail too long for the space, give them a light trim and they will bounce right back.
Would you like to have the opportunity to vote for the next plant of the year? Join 175,000 other gardeners who have signed up for our monthly Winner’s Circle newsletter. We will never share your email address with outside parties, and you’ll be given the chance to weigh in on future plants of the year and other fun programs.
Keep up to date on the National Plant of the Year program at www.nationalplantoftheyear.com.
Patent info: Supertunia® Vista Bubblegum® Petunia USPP17730 CanPBR2871.