Mythic® Silver Dragon Jewel Alocasia Alocasia baginda
Select any icon above to view the complete collection.
Learn more about Proven Winners® leafjoy® houseplants
Silver Dragon is the silvery grey version of the deep green Dragon Scale Alocasia. The silver-grey ovate leaves are almost luminescent and feature a network of deep green veins. It's a gorgeous plant!Adaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHarmful To:Pets
CharacteristicsPlant Type:HouseplantHeight Category:MediumHeight:12 - 24 InchesFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Colors:SilverFoliage Shade:Silvery gray with deep green veinsHabit:MoundedContainer Role:Filler
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:Medium
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.Maintenance Category:ModeratePreferred Temperature:60 - 85 °FWater Category:AverageHumidity Preference:HighContainer Soil Type:Indoor Potting MixNeeds Good DrainageUses:DesktopsUses:Humid SpacesUses Notes:
Not for human or animal consumption.Maintenance Notes:
- For optimal performance, keep at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Feed once per month at half strength when plant is actively growing.
- Protect furniture when watering.
- Alocasia does best with bright indirect light, but will benefit from some early morning or late day sun indoors (right in front of an eastern or western window), particularly during wintertime. You may need to use a grow light during dark winter months, or move them to a sunnier window during that time.
- It prefers to be consistently moist, but not wet and needs to have good drainage. It can't take wet soil, but also doesn't tolerate dry soils well. A well draining soil is necessary and the plant should not be allowed to sit in water. Allow the top inch or so to dry out before watering again.
- All-purpose potting mixes with additional orchid bark and perlite added is a beneficial medium for Alocasias.
- It is happiest when grown between 60 and 85 degrees.
- Alocasias also would appreciate higher humidity, so break out that humidifier.
- If your plant drops it's leaves don't give up. (These plants like very consistent conditions overall when it comes to watering, temperature, and light.) Alocasias grow from bulb-like corms and can sprout new leaves under the right conditions.
8 More in this series