Proven Winners® Annuals—Instant WOW! power for landscaping and containers
Annuals are the flower power behind every gorgeous garden, hanging basket and patio pot. They are showy, easy-to-grow favorites of both new and experienced gardeners. And when you choose Proven Winners® annuals, you can count on having big beautiful blooms all season long with minimal care.
Choose from hundreds of Proven Winners® annuals specifically developed for their summer garden performance and these characteristics:
• Easy care
• All-season bloomers
• Covered in bright colorful blooms
• Disease free
• Trialed and tested for proven performance
Keep in mind not all flowering plants are annuals, some are perennials. The difference is annuals are one-season plants that die when it gets cold. You replant them every year. Perennials appear to die when the temperatures drop, but their roots are actually hibernating and will produce new plants in the spring. With annuals you start with a new plant palette every growing season.
10 Easiest Annuals to Grow
- Supertunia® Vista Bubblegum Petunia hybrid
- Butterfly Argyranthemum frutescens
- Luscious® Berry Blend™ Lantana
- Sweet Caroline Ipomoea batatas
- Graceful Grasses® Vertigo® Pennisetum purpureum
- Snow Princess® Lobularia hybrid
- Colorblaze® Solenostemon scutellarioides (Coleus)
- Sénorita Rosalita® Cleome hybrid
- Diamond Frost® Euphorbia hybrid
- Graceful Grasses® King Tut® Cyperus papyrus
Latest Articles – Annuals
Each year we introduce new plants, and 2016 is a banner year for new Proven Winners®. We have 43 new annuals and I want to give you a quick introduction to each of them. However, with 43 plants I am going to break them into three different groups based loosely on color. The first group features Cool Hues and Tonal Greens, the second group we are talking about today is Fun and Flirty Bi-Colors and in our next newsletter will be our third group—Bright, Bold and Hot colors. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I am going to include tons of pictures with ideas to inspire your own creativity.
Learn about ways to use Chartreuse in the garden, along with plants that sport the color.
New plants are the life's blood of any plant company and our outstanding new varieties are sure to find homes in your garden.