Proven Winners® Annuals—WOW power! for landscaping and containers
Annuals are the flower power behind every gorgeous garden, hanging basket and patio pot. They are showy, easy-to-grow favorites of both new and experienced gardeners. And when you choose Proven Winners® annuals, you can count on having big beautiful blooms all season long with minimal care.
Choose from hundreds of Proven Winners® annuals specifically developed for their summer garden performance and these characteristics:
• Easy care
• All-season bloomers
• Covered in bright colorful blooms
• Disease free
• Trialed and tested for proven performance
Keep in mind not all flowering plants are annuals, some are perennials. The difference is annuals are one-season plants that die when it gets cold. You replant them every year. Perennials appear to die when the temperatures drop, but their roots are actually hibernating and will produce new plants in the spring. With annuals you start with a new plant palette every growing season.
10 Easiest Annuals to Grow
- Supertunia® Vista Bubblegum Petunia hybrid
- Butterfly Argyranthemum frutescens
- Luscious® Berry Blend™ Lantana
- Sweet Caroline Ipomoea batatas
- Graceful Grasses® Vertigo® Pennisetum purpureum
- Snow Princess® Lobularia hybrid
- Colorblaze® Solenostemon scutellarioides (Coleus)
- Sénorita Rosalita® Cleome hybrid
- Diamond Frost® Euphorbia hybrid
- Graceful Grasses® King Tut® Cyperus papyrus
Latest Articles – Annuals
Supertunia petunias are some of the most versatile plants you can find. They are fantastic landscape varieties and look awesome when planted in a monochrome swath of color or when several colors are mixed. They also perform beautifully in patio planters, hanging baskets, window boxes, raised beds…actually, in any spot that gets at least four hours of sun a day. Six or more hours of sun a day helps maximize their flower power. If you live in a more northern climate, several hours of afternoon sun is the key to getting the best possible flower show.