Pixie Punk™ Spider Plant Chlorophytum comosum
Select any icon above to view the complete collection.
Learn more about Proven Winners® leafjoy® houseplants
12 - 24 Inches--30cm - 61cm0cm0cm
Popular, easy care houseplant with trailing habit and great texture. Strappy green leaves with bright white edges form a weeping, arching clump from which numerous plantlets form on hanging stems. Small, white, star-shaped flowers come and go throughout the season. Comosum chlorophytum is also refered to as "Spider Plant" due to its curly and very interesting growth habit.Adaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHarmful To:Pets
CharacteristicsPlant Type:HouseplantHeight Category:MediumHeight:12 - 24 Inches 30cm - 61cmFlower Colors:WhiteFlower Shade:WhiteFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Colors:WhiteFoliage Shade:Green edged foliage with a white stripe down the middleHabit:MoundedContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:HighLight Requirement:Medium
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.Maintenance Category:ModeratePreferred Temperature:60 - 85 °FWater Category:AverageHumidity Preference:HighContainer Soil Type:Indoor Potting MixUses:Bright SpacesUses:DesktopsUses:Humid SpacesMaintenance Notes:
- For optimal performance, keep your Spider Plant at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Spider plants thrive in medium to bright indirect light.
- Spider Plants prefer moist, but not soggy soil. Be sure to water when the top inch of soil feels dry. Ensure good drainage and do not allow your Spider Plant to sit in water for extended periods of time, after it has received a good soaking.
- Feed your Spider Plant once per month at half strength when it is actively growing. Reduce frequency of fertilization in the winter months. If no new leaves are growing, it does not need to be fertilized.
- Protect furniture when watering & fertilizing.
- You can keep your Spider Plant looking its best by periodically removing any dried or dead leaves with a clean pair of shears.
- When repotting your Spider Plant, use an all-purpose potting mix, with perlite added to ensure good drainage.