Prismacolor™ Birkin Philodendron hybrid
Select any icon above to view the complete collection.
Learn more about Proven Winners® leafjoy™ houseplants
Birkin is a striking, non-climbing Philodendron that has white pinstripes on its green foliage. The plant grows more and more variegated as it matures. The variegation is always a surprise. Each leaf is unique!Adaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHarmful To:Pets
CharacteristicsPlant Type:HouseplantHeight Category:MediumHeight:12 - 24 InchesFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Colors:WhiteFoliage Shade:Green foliage with white pinstripes.Habit:UprightContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:LowLight Requirement:Medium
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.Maintenance Category:ModeratePreferred Temperature:60 - 85 °FWater Category:AverageHumidity Preference:HighContainer Soil Type:Indoor Potting MixNeeds Good DrainageUses:Bright SpacesUses:DesktopsUses:Humid SpacesUses:Low Light SpacesUses Notes:
Not for human or animal consumption.Maintenance Notes:
- For optimal performance, keep at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Protect furniture when watering.
- Feed once per month at half strength when plant is actively growing.
- Bright filtered light, immitating what this plant receives in nature, is best. But early morning or late afternoon sun is beneficial when growing indoors. Sunny windows are particularly beneficial in the wintertime if you live in an area with shorter, dark days in the winter time.
- Like any aroid, this plant prefers chunky potting mixes that provide plenty of air circulation to the root system. Amending your all-purpose potting mix with perlite and orchid bark is one way to accomplish this.
- Water when the top 1-2 inches of potting mix feels dry. They don't want to be wet all the time, nor do they want to dry out completely.
- These plants prefer high humidity.
20 More colors12 More in this series