Cyathistipula African Fig Ficus cyathistipula
Select any icon above to view the complete collection.
Learn more about Proven Winners® leafjoy™ houseplants
The gorgeous, glossy, dark green leaves of African Fig add a beautiful touch to any home! This vigorous species of fig is forgiving and tolerant of average home conditions. It will branch readily, and has beautiful flaking bark, which is why it is sometimes known as Birchbark Fig.Adaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHarmful To:Pets
CharacteristicsPlant Type:HouseplantHeight Category:TallHeight:48 - 72 InchesFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Shade:Dark, glossy green leavesHabit:UprightContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:HighLight Requirement:LowLight Requirement:Medium
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.Maintenance Category:ModeratePreferred Temperature:60 - 85 °FWater Category:AverageHumidity Preference:MediumHumidity Preference:HighContainer Soil Type:Indoor Potting MixNeeds Good DrainageUses:Bright SpacesUses:Low Light SpacesUses Notes:
Not for human or animal consumption.Maintenance Notes:
- For optimal performance, keep at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Protect furniture when watering.
- Feed once per month at half strength when plant is actively growing.
- Ficus cyathistipula can be grown in an indoor plant mix, but adding a bit of perlite to the mix will really help it thrive.
- Water when the top 2-3 inches of soil are dry.
- Dust its broad leaves so they can continue to photosynthesize properly, even in lower light conditions.
2 Reviews524321Browse reviews from people who have grown this plant.
Angela R. Arias, New York, United States, 18 weeks ago
Beautiful plantAngela R. Arias, New York, United States, 18 weeks ago