Dolce® 'Blackberry Ice' Coral Bells Heuchera hybrid
- Hardy Zones
- 4 - 9
- Sun or Shade
- Mature Size
- 20 - 26 Inches
Purple black with silver netted foliage.
Great in landscapes or containers
Deadheading won't keep them blooming longer. However, removing the flower stems once the plant has finished blooming will keep them looking tidier. Plants can be divided in spring or fall for personal use.
An application of fertilizer or compost on garden beds and regular fertilization of plants in pots will help ensure the best possible performance.
If you’re looking for the new standard in purple Heucheras, you’ve found it! You’ll be impressed by the vigorous growth of ‘Blackberry Ice’ and since it’s a H. villosa hybrid, it also exhibits greater heat and humidity tolerance.
'Blackberry Ice' forms a full, rounded clump of attractive foliage that stays nice all season long. The newest leaves are a remarkable iridescent purple with black veining and have amethyst purple undersides. As the leaves mature, they develop a softly luminescent pewter overlay.
In midsummer, reddish purple scapes which are quite proportional to the foliage carry wands of cream flowers.
Whether you grow ‘Blackberry Ice’ near the front of the flower border or in containers, you’re going to love it!
This plant is a Heuchera villosa hybrid. The villosa species is a large, late blooming type that exhibits an increased tolerance of high heat and humidity over other species. Most produce cream flowers in midsummer, though they are grown more for their fantastic foliage. H. villosa is native to the southeastern United States.
Coral bells are easy to grow and blend easily with most other perennials in the landscape. Because of their low, mounding habit, they are often used as edging along paths or in containers. Try cutting a few of the tall flower scapes for fresh bouquets.
- Common Name:Coral BellsDuration:PerennialLight Level:Sun or ShadeBe The First To Rate This:
- Common Name:Coral BellsDuration:PerennialLight Level:Part Shade to Shade13 Readers Rated This: (4.2)
- Common Name:Coral BellsDuration:PerennialLight Level:Part Shade to Shade17 Readers Rated This: (4)
- Harbor LightsCombinationColor SchemePastel MixExposureSunPot Size30 InchesThe round purple foliage of Dolce® Licorice is the perfect foil for Superbells® Light Pi...
- Belle of the Ball 2CombinationColor SchemeEarth TonesExposureSunPot Size12 Inches
- Dolce®CombinationColor SchemeEarth TonesExposureSunPot Size18 InchesThese monoculture containers show that simple is still very beautiful and elegant.