- Sun or Shade
The optimum amount of sun or shade each plant needs to thrive: Full Sun (6+ hours), Part Sun (4-6 hours), Full Shade (up to 4 hours).
Breathtaking, huge stately foliage with burgundy, yellow and green highlightsAdaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHeat TolerantDeadheading Not NecessaryAttracts:HummingbirdsResists:Deer
CharacteristicsPlant Type:AnnualHeight Category:TallGarden Height:30 - 36 InchesSpacing:12 - 18 InchesSpread:12 - 18 InchesFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Colors:PinkFoliage Shade:MulticoloredHabit:UprightContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:Sun or ShadeMaintenance Category:EasyBloom Time:Grown for FoliageHardiness Zones:10a, 10b, 11a, 11bWater Category:AverageUses:ContainerUses:LandscapeUses Notes:
Use in beds, borders and containersMaintenance Notes:
Many people feel that coleus look best before they flower. To keep foliage in top shape, pinch off the blooms as they appear if you wish.
Rules of Thumb for Overwintering Plants Indoors:
1. Choose only healthy plants
2. Bring Plants indoors before frost damages foliage
3. Treat for disease and insects before bringing plants indoors
4. Place in bright areas and add humidity using pebble trays or spray bottles
5. Be careful not to over water
6 When active growth starts in spring fertilize and prune as needed
7. Introduce your plants slowly to outdoor conditions in spring